Sale Of Age Restricted Goods Policy
Sale of Age Restricted Goods Policy:
As a retailer of kitchen knives and sharpening tools and accessories, we offer for sale a range of bladed items which are restricted for sale to persons over the age of 21. We take the responsibility of age verification very seriously and adhere to following policy.
Why We Need To Verify Age & Identity:
- To Adhere By The Law Of The UK
- To Adhere By The Law Of The USA
- To Ensure That No Person Under The Age Of 18 Has Access To Any Product Which Is Considered To Be A Weapon.
- To Ensure That No Person Under The Age Of 18 Has Access To Any Product Which Can Cause Harm To Any Other Person.
- To Ensure That No Person/Organisation Involved In Terror Or Criminal Practices Can Purchase Products Which Can Be Used As A Weapon.
- To Ensure That No Person/Organisation Involved In Terror Or Criminal Practices Can Purchase Products Which Can Cause Harm To Any Other Person.
- To Ensure That No Person/Organisation Can Profit From Products Which Can Be Seen As A Weapon Or Product Which Can Cause Harm To Others.
- To Ensure That The Internet Platform Remains A Safe Place For Purchasing Products For Their Intended Purpose.
As part of the transaction process, we will attempt to verify the age of the person purchasing any bladed product using SAC checker. Please note that this program will require government photo id as proof of age (passport, government identity card or drivers licence) if you are a UK customer. For USA customers, SAC will only need you address details which will be run through the FDA system for clarification. This system will seek to verify the customer’s details against several databases in order to clarify the customer’s age.
There are two possible outcomes when we perform this check.
1. The customer’s age is verified and they are confirmed as over the age of 21. In this case, the order will progress through our systems and be delivered as via UPS courier who will require proof of age on receipt (21 years or over).
2. The customer’s age cannot be verified and it is not possible to confirm whether they are over the age of 21 or not. In this case, our Customer Care Team will attempt to contact the customer for verification of their age. If successful, the order will be processed and delivered, if unsuccessful, the order will be cancelled. Age-restricted goods display the following text on the product detail page of our website.
“Please note under the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (as amended) we are only allowed to sell knives to persons aged 21 and over. Details of our age verification process can be found within our Sale of Age Restricted Goods Policy”.
3.) We also verify customers information in accordance to world wide sanctions using the Embargo Shield program. This program cross references the information you have provided us during checkout with government agencies. Again this process takes only a few seconds and if passed, your order will progress as normal through our checkout system.
The Embargo Shield program is used on our website to ensure we are not supplying individuals, agencies or companies associated with terror or criminal activity.
Please rest assured that your information is not kept on file for this program.
4.) Please note that delivery of goods purchased at Kitchen Heroes UK can only be delivered to the person who has undertaken the clearance app. Please do not provide different shipping details as it will cause your order to be placed upon hold until we receive the correct address for you.
Please note that this practice is to ensure a safe online environment for all of our customers to enjoy. Verification via the app only takes a few seconds and photographs taken on your phone can be uploaded as proof (only government id is accepted, selfies and other photos are not proof of age and will result in a fail).